Old December 2nd 11, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
William Hamblen

Default Argus C3 For Sale

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 19:32:20 +0000 (UTC), (Edward A.
Falk) wrote:

In article ocal,
J. Clarke wrote:

They're true interchangeable lenses. Each has a gear on it that meshes
with the focus control. Swapping them out is a bit of a process
http://jsurp.tripod.com/c3lens.htm.

Yeah, I pulled mine for cleaning once, and realized that I'd gottten
it out of focus w.r.t. the rangefinder. Readjusting it was a brutal
process.

Unless you've taken the lens apart, getting the focus right is not
difficult. You set the rangefinder dial to infinity and turn the lens
so the idler gear will mesh with the last tooth on the lens. There
are pictures at http://jsurp.tripod.com/c3lens.htm.

If you have taken the lens apart you have to get the multi-lead
helicoid started on the right lead or it will never reach focus.

Bud