Old October 8th 09, 02:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,rec.photo.digital
europe.news.astraweb.com

Default Fast and slow SD Cards

"dave" wrote in message
news
I was going to get a spare SD Card for a recorder and the tech
support guy said to get one which was under 2GB and not high speed.

I can understand the recorder may not support SDHC and won't
recognise a 2GB+ card.

But what is that about not using a fast SD Card. Surely my recorder
ought to work whatever the speed of the SD memory card?

Was he talking crap?

The speed rating of the card is the fastest that it can manage, not the
speed that it *must* run at. A fast card will transfer slowly when
necessary! It will cost more though, so if you don't need fast transfer
speeds, then you can save money by buying a slower one.