Old April 28th 08, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default digital back for sf1

In article , Yoshi
wrote:

Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
no chance one will ever be made.

if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.

The LEICA DIGITAL -MODUL-R is a digital camera back designed to fit regular
production LEICA R8 and R9 cameras. So your blanket statement is
misinformation. If you don't know what you are talking about, it's best not
to say anything and not be taken for an idiot.

i think it's fairly clear that i was referring to 35mm *slr* cameras
because the original poster had a film slr, not a rangefinder. there
are a number of issues that preclude making a digital back for a 35mm
slr that do not necessarily apply to a rangefinder, the shutter being
the obvious one.