Old August 8th 07, 04:17 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.technique.nature
Matt Clara

Default Circular Polarizers, A Filter You Need

"Fat Sam" wrote in message
Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
Hi All,

I've written the first of a series of articles on the use of real
camera filters with digital photography. The first is on the circular
polarizer filter:
http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1063

Cheers,

Wayne

I have a circular and a linear polariser. I was told that I would be
better to use the circular polariser on my digital camera, as it would
give better results.
But I've used both the linear and the circular polarisers on my digital
and I honestly can't see any difference in the results when I compare the
two.

The circular will tend to give slightly _poorer_ results, as it's designed
to let some polarized light through, as some camera's autofocus systems (and
ttl metering) depends upon it to get the job done.

--
www.mattclara.com