Old August 31st 05, 03:15 AM
pixby

In message ,
pixby wrote:

So here's one of the things I have found when comparing the two... I
reckon Nikon's new 'bayer' sensor doesn't have as wide a contrast range
as the Canon gives me, having regard for the Photoshop recovery I use.
Magnificent in ever way but I'm not able (after 2 weeks of trying) to
expand the contrast range as far as I can from a Canon image by using
Photoshop after the shoot. Has anyone else noticed this?

The limiting factor is going to be the noise level, and the difference
between the channels in sensitivity. Some of the Nikon models differ by
almost a stop and a half between RAW color channels.

The main area I've had trouble with is black and dark blue clothing.
Deep shadows have some detail I can recover although it appears as you
say, a noise factor as to how much can be recovered.

--
Douglas,
You never really make it on the 'net