Old April 12th 04, 12:58 PM
L. R. Kalajainen

Default Ilfochrome, anyone?

I've been away from Ilfochrome printing for several years. Now I'm ready
to get back into it, but some things seem to have changed.

I've always mixed my own developer--a phenidone, Vit. C formulation in a
divided formula that gave me wonderful contrast control and sparkling
colors, but now the prints are a little muddy. Has Ilford changed the
emulsions on their papers (I often used the Pearl surface RC)?

Any tips on changes to the materials over the past three or four years
would be appreciated.

Larry

On 8 Apr 2004 02:36:24 -0700, martin visser
wrote:

(Laura Halliday) wrote in message
. com...
"Ed Margiewicz" wrote in message
Hi Laura,
I too have found the recommended settings on the ilfochrome pack to

be too
yellow. I have found from my experience that most of my prints do

well with
an initial settings of minus 15 units of yellow and plus 5 units of

cyan...

I tried another batch of prints the other night,
backing the yellow off 10 units, and the cyan off by 5.

The results are *nice*. They have a lot of that reach-
in-and-touch-them feeling of good black and white prints.
Films: Fuji Provia 400 and Velvia 50 (picked from the
selection at the camera store), shot in a Pentax 67,
developed in my bathroom in Agfa chemistry (because
that's what they had at the camera store).

This is gonna be fun.

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

Hi Laura,

I have two books about Cibachrome (Ilfochrome) for sale on the e-Bay.nl
site.
Maybe it can help you?

Regards
martin visser
the netherlands

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/