Old March 22nd 04, 01:50 AM
Ed Margiewicz

Default Ilfochrome, anyone?

Hi Laura,
I too have found the recommended settings on the ilfochrome pack to be too
yellow. I have found from my experience that most of my prints do well with
an initial settings of minus 15 units of yellow and plus 5 units of cyan. I
emphasize this is for my taste and for most of my prints but not all. I
also feel, as the previous post stated, that masking most slides would be
very helpful to decrease contrast. Masking is making a b&w neg of the slide
by exposing it in direct contact with the slide then developing it. The
print is then made with the slide and b&w neg sandwiched together. If you
like, check out my website: WWW.tranquilimages.com. It is strictly an
amateur site. All my images are ilfochrome prints most of which has been
masked. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Ed Margiewicz
"Laura Halliday" wrote in message
om...
I had my first experience with Ilfochrome printing
last night. Followed Ilford's instructions to the
letter, used my CPE-2 processor (EBay, y'know...),
and got decent prints from the start. They just look
a little funny because the borders around the edges
are black, not white.

My motivation was the poor quality of commercial
prints I had gotten from slides. Developing slide
film is dead easy; so far, printing it holds no
terrors either. I used the filter pack on the paper
package, and it looks about right. Maybe a touch
too yellow. Have to do some more prints to be sure.

The Ilford P30 instructions mention that the chemistry
may generate sulfur dioxide during processing. They're
not kidding. Phew!

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte