Old March 21st 04, 11:59 PM
Laura Halliday

Default Ilfochrome, anyone?

"Frank N. Stein" wrote in message ...

One comment, if you are attempting color printing the first time
a grey card shot will help you determine if the filteration is correct.

You calibrate your system, and save the print once perfect for future
reference. You print the slide each time and compare the two prints
that way you will know if things like your bulb temperature is changing.

Yep. For initial messing around and seeing how things
worked my first test was a picture of a bird - with a
white head and grey feathers - sitting in a tree. At
first I thought I'd blown it because while the bird
was indeed white and the sky behind it was blue, the
leaves on the tree were yellowish-green. But when I
compared it to the slide I knew it was OK, and then
realized too that in the dry season in Costa Rica,
few trees have green leaves...

My other test was an astronomical shot, a wide-field
picture of Orion. The stars are (mostly) white, with
Betelgeuse and Rigel showing distinct colour. The
Orion nebula is the correct colour too, reddish-pink
on E200.

The Ilfochrome "paper" is strange feeling stuff. Reminds
me of Australian money.

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte