Old March 21st 04, 07:20 PM
Frank N. Stein

Default Ilfochrome, anyone?

In article ,
(Laura Halliday) wrote:

I had my first experience with Ilfochrome printing
last night. Followed Ilford's instructions to the
letter, used my CPE-2 processor (EBay, y'know...),
and got decent prints from the start. They just look
a little funny because the borders around the edges
are black, not white.

My motivation was the poor quality of commercial
prints I had gotten from slides. Developing slide
film is dead easy; so far, printing it holds no
terrors either. I used the filter pack on the paper
package, and it looks about right. Maybe a touch
too yellow. Have to do some more prints to be sure.

The Ilford P30 instructions mention that the chemistry
may generate sulfur dioxide during processing. They're
not kidding. Phew!

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

One comment, if you are attempting color printing the first time
a grey card shot will help you determine if the filteration is correct.

You calibrate your system, and save the print once perfect for future
reference. You print the slide each time and compare the two prints
that way you will know if things like your bulb temperature is changing.
--
Run down to Bob Storches they handle lights
for all occasions.