Old December 22nd 04, 04:20 AM
Scott Evans

I just recently used my GPS...to do something similar. The model I use
Garmin Vista...has a built in compass...and therefore if you ARE standing
stationary...it will still give you data on what direction you are
pointing...or the camera if it was attached to it.

"Juergen Nieveler" wrote in message
. ..
Alan Browne wrote:

One item I think would be useful would be to add the heading
(direction the camera is pointing) to the tags. This would of course
require a heading sensor, perhaps attached to the base of the camera
(mag+gyro).

I've had the same idea some time ago. With exact position and heading
added to the pictures, and a large enough collection of pictures of a
certain area (taken from different angles), you could easily build a 3-
dimensional model of that area.

I've once tested a software that allowed you to manually match several
pictures to a 3-dimensional model ("Canoma", IIRC, BICBW), but it would
be much easier if all the position data would be in the pictures.

Juergen Nieveler
--
Officer: 'Why did you shoot that terrorist 27 times?'
SAS Trooper's reply: 'I ran out of bullets, sir'