Old July 14th 10, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter[_7_]

Default Apple: Laughing at the sheep

"George Kerby" wrote in message

On 7/14/10 10:09 AM, in article
, "Peter"
wrote:

"otter" wrote in message
On Jul 14, 9:48 am, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/14/10 9:39 AM, in article
,
"otter"

I don't own any apple products now. I went down that road for a
while, but finally got fed up with paying twice as much for every
little thing, compatibility issues, and lack of software.

Your loss. "Once you go Mac, you never go back".

;-)

That's interesting, because I did go Mac for awhile. However, I may try
it
again some time. Not completely ruling it out.

I have used Photoshop and Corel on both the Mac and PC without noticing
any
significant difference.
The graphics shops I know seem to prefer Mac, though that may be because
of
familiarity.

I use the PC because it has more of the programs I use and I also need a
minimal futz factor when exchanging files. Although my new i7 machine
beats
anything I have previously used, I am confident that the new Macs also
have
the speed.

You are correct though lower operating costs on a PC.
And Yes I know about compatibility.

There IS a reason that AAPL has shot through the roof and it is known as
'Customer Satisfaction'. Meanwhile, MSFT and other PC makers shares have
languished.

Graphic pros, videographers and pro photographers use Mac because of ease
of
use and 'user friendliness'. Twenty-five years ago Mac LaserWriter put
Page
Layout in the hands of those who previously had to rely on expensive
Typography services. A program, "Digital Darkroom" was on the Mac before
Aldus brought out Photoshop, so pro photographers naturally leaned that
way.
And Final Cut Pro is the chosen tool over Premiere by Video pros.

The initial cost may be more, but time is money and when all is
considered,
including the packaged software, the Mac is the choice of most
professionals.

For the reasons stated above and since I am not a professional and don't use
Final Cut, or any other video editing program, I will stick with PC.

Obviously you are a professional and should do whatever makes you feel
better.
--
Peter