Old May 27th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Is Your Browser Color Managed?

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| I suppose there are still computers out there which are not color
| managed. It's almost certain that there are many monitors out there
| which are not calibrated.

Or more accurately, it's almost certain there
are some monitors out there that are calibrated.
But probably not on tablets and phones

all ipads and iphones are colour managed and calibrated at the factory.
granted, it's specs, not individual device, but that's close enough and
*far* better than uncalibrated.

and
laptops and computers not used primarily for
graphics. Just as the average person is watching
TV on a garishly saturated flatscreen, it's not
even relevant to most people, much less worth
an investment of time and money.

tvs aren't normally used for viewing web pages.

I always install the color profile for my monitor
and then adjust until things look right to my eye.

which voids it.

Heresy in this crowd, I know, but the expense of
calibration is not worth it to me,

under $100, and since you're running an older system, you could buy a
used puck for much less.

and I have a
good eye for color. I do wonder, though, just
how far off the average monitor is, if its color
profile is installed. There's a lot of talk about
calibration but I've never seen any kind of
analysis about just how much difference it makes.

it makes quite a bit of difference.