Old March 18th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

Default lens progress

Cheesehead wrote:
On Mar 18, 11:54 am, Jean-David Beyer wrote:
Cheesehead wrote (in part):

A front cell without a rear is worthless, ...

Why is that? I have a Wisner convertable plasmat set that has 5 cells in
4 focal lengths (450mm, 400mm, 350mm, and two 250mm). These cells can be
used alone or in pairs, giving 11 focal lengths. When used in pairs,
focal lengths from 152mm to 258mm are obtained. I tend to use them in
pairs, especially 52mm, 182mm, 212mm, and 258mm.

If single cells are used, the lateral chromatic aberration is not
corrected. If shooting in Black and White, a deep yellow filter can hide it.

Ron Wisner allegedly made a zero-power corrector lens for this, which I
ordered, but he never supplied me with one.

I was arguing something specific, not something general.
After all, my other lens is the Protar VII.
Now, if you have some info on solo use of the
Fujinon-W 300/5.6 front cell, I might have good use for it.

If I had one, I would, at least try it. First, behind the shutter if the
threads permit. It might be usable.

^^-^^ 13:50:01 up 14 days, 21:51, 4 users, load average: 5.05, 4.86, 4.56