Old August 19th 14, 02:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PAS

Default Nikon d710?

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 2014-08-18 15:12:30 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/18/2014 9:50 AM, PAS wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
On 8/18/2014 8:41 AM, android wrote:
In article , PeterN

On 2014-08-15 14:46, PeterN wrote:

On 2014-08-14 19:22:20 +0000, android said:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android

wrote:

the nikon d610 is $1900 at b&h

the d300s was about $1700.

what if nikon comes out with a full frame camera for
$1500?
or
less?

Than it would have less features...

obviously.

that didn't stop nikon from making a d3300 and d5300, which
have
fewer
features than a d610 or d7100.

Those are HF (half frame) cameras...

the d3300 has fewer features than a d5300 which has fewer
features
than
a d7100, all of which are crop sensor cameras.

one of the features that they all don't have over the d610 is
full
frame sensor.

Nope! They are half frame...

Actually the D610 is FF.
---
Off course. I thought you were referring to the Dxx00's. Those
are
half
frame, Canon x0D and xx0D and M are half frame too. Olympus and
Panasonic are quarter frame... I'm not sure of what the Nikon
One
is
but
Mini. ;-p

I tested one. IMHO it is a POS.

It most certainly must be most limited compered to what you
usually
use.
OTOH, surely it can be useful if you are aware of it's
limitations.
still like my Ixuses... ;-)

One of my frinds go the Leica Dlux and really likes it.

That's a PanaLeica right? The Panasonic variant is usually a few
cent's
cheaper... If someones interested.

I doubt it

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1036245-REG/leica_18134_d_lux_6_edition_100.html

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Compact-Cameras/Leica-D-Lux-6

That's

the same camera as the Panasonic DHC-LX7

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

Nope.

There are a lot of similarities, but they are two different cameras.

http://snapsort.com/compare/Leica-D-Lux-6-vs-Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-LX7

Read the specs and state which spec is different in each. You are paying
hefty price for a little red nameplate.

They are only superficially different cameras due to physical
appearance.
Under the skin they are identical. The biggest difference is the $398
list
price difference for essentially the same performance.
http://www.dpreview.com/products/compare/side-by-side?products=leica_dlux6&products=panasonic_dmclx 7
or
http://tinyurl.com/n5bfjwy

Yes, superficially different. The only real differences are the red dot
and, as Android pointed out, different firmware yielding a different RAW
format.

More importantly, I was going to text you this evening. We had dinner at
the Cooperage Inn, and were thinking of Snowflake. My wife is not allowed
sugar or anything dairy, and I really didn't need it.

We had a cute young waitress. I asked for a female lobster and she made
the mistake of asking how you tell the difference. I told her she was old
enough to know the difference between a male and a female. Wow! did she
ever blush.

My wife and I like the Cooperage Inn, it's a nice place. And I do like
lobster, it's the only seafood I eat. Topping it off with a visit to
Snowflakes makes for a great night.