Old September 10th 17, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default dpreview also tries to teach the trolls about ISO/aperture :)

In article 2017091007015440977-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
wrote:

Sandman:
Is the -5/+5 setting different in your camera, or is the entire EV
function different?

All I can tell you is how using the Custom, "C" setting on the EV
dial expands the EV range from +3/-3 to +5/-5, and moves control to
the front control wheel, and how making various exposure adjustments
in different exposure modes effects what I see to change with the EV
comp settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2pph9alnfwz3ot/screenshot_168.png

Yeah, that seems to suggest that it is used to set aperture and shutter
(exposure) compensation, not sensor amplification. And the extended range is
probably due to the front dial is stepless while the EV dial has printed
steps.

It just seems a bit odd to me when compared with what I had been
used to with my Nikon DSLRs. It might just be a Fujifilm mirrorless
thing. ;-)

Yeah, few Nikon DSLR's have a EV dial to begin with, most have a EV button
and then you use the command dial to set it. I think my D800 has a range of
+/- 4 steps if I remember correctly.

Both my Nikon Df and my Sony A7 have a EV dial that goes from -3 to +3

--
Sandman