Old July 9th 06, 09:54 PM posted to news.misc.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
sally

Default CANON S3 or SONY H5 ?

"Talal Itani" wrote in
I am shopping for a digital camera. I narrowed down my search to
two cameras: The Sony Canon S3 and the Sony H5. The S3 can be
controlled by the PC, while the H5 cannot. The H5 has a large
display, while the S3 does not. Which one should I buy? They are
priced almost the same. Thank you.

The Canon LCD folds out, which is a very nice feature when you're taking
pictures at odd angles (e.g., over a crowd or at ground level).

This review compares the image quaility of the H5 and S3 (and a few
others): http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SonyH5/
They do conclude that the H5 is not much better than the much cheaper H2.