Old July 17th 13, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
J. Clarke[_2_]

Default Camera Security

In article ,
says...

On 2013.07.17 00:44 , J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

You lost when you mixed pounds and mass. A slug is mass. A pound is
force. There is no mixing them.

That would be news to the faculty and staff in the Aeronautical
Engineering department at The Ohio State University, in the Mechanical
Engineering department at The Georgia Institute of Technology, the
engineering staff at United Technologies, the national standards bodies
of the United States, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, South
Africa, and Australia, which have established an international standard
defining the avoirdupois pound as 0.45359237 kilogram, and a variety of
other degreed engineers and scientists of my acquaintance.

Sorry, but you are not only being pedantic, but now you are being
stupidly pedantic.

Given your rant above that is actually amusing. And ironic.

Using pounds is commonly used as mass, but it is not technically correct
(which is why there is the slug in the first place). The word "pound"
as used in engineering is a shortcut for "avoirdupois pound" which is
correctly "mass".

It is why we say "pounds of thrust" for aircraft engines: it is a force.
(Metric: "Newtons" of thrust - you'll never see kilograms).

Bored now.

plonk