Old March 15th 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Stefan Patric[_2_]

Default Schneider 210mm Angulon.

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:25:34 +0000, Keith Tapscott. wrote:

For my 8x10 Camera, I am considering a 210mm Angulon (not
super-angulon).
How well do these lenses perform provided they are in fine condition?

Had a friend who used it as his prime lens for all his 8x10 fine art b/w
landscape work. Excellent lens. However, if it's an uncoated model,
don't use it for color. The extra flare will cause color casts. For b&w
work, no problems, but I suggest that you use b&w contrast filters to
reduce overall flare and improve image contrast.

You might also consider a Fujinon W 250 f6.7 (not the 6.3 model). It's a
modern, computer designed, multicoated lens with 80+ degree coverage
(about the same as the Angulons) that hit the US market about 30 years
ago. As far as I know, it's not made anymore, but you can find them
used. Excellent lens as were and are all the Fujinons.

These links might be of use:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/
large_format_lenses/angulon/

Sorry, it wrapped.