Old July 7th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Default HDR and Stepping out a Panorama

"Alienjones" wrote in message

The "step" thing goes back nearly a year to when I suggested to Troy
Piggins he might find more challenge in making "stepped out" panoramas
than rotational ones. The trolls picked it up and ran with it. Later I
fueled the flames by posting an example I'd taken a mere 6" apart. It was
part of a 50 frame panorama.

Well...

In the above paragraph Douglas *finally* admits that the two Manly photos
were indeed taken from the same spot - not "stepped-out" as he had
previously insisted.

Here is a sample of the explanatory notes which accompanied Doug's post of
these two pix:

"...Either way this is a quick and dirty example of a Panorama (...)
made by walking along the pathway above the road, taking shots
at frequent intervals. Dozens of them!
This is just two images of the final picture ... ...(it's an
unfinished work) because there are another 8 or 9 images
to be stitched into the picture before I'm done with it."

Eight or nine, or dozens, or fifty? The "fifty" reference follows:

" 10 megapixel images x 5 or 6 equals a final 50 or 60
megapixel image..."

Poor Doug.
So easily confused. 50 Megapixels becomes 50 images.
"Stepped-out" becomes 6"

But wait! There's mo

" I shot these images with a Panasonic FZ50 in RAW mode,
setting it's Leica lens to 50mm which equates to about a
medium wide lens in 35mm terms"

That FZ50 of yours must have a h-u-u-u-ge sensor, Doug, for that to be the
case. I guess that would make your Panasonic a "Stepped-out-Panno"?

(...and why bother mentioning "it's (sic) Leica lens"? Who cares what
company owns the franchise? You write like someone who's terminally hung up
on brand-name envy. Nikes or Reebok, Doug?)

Still mo

" And yes! My dual CPU PC with 5 Meg of RAM labors under the
strain of the computations needed as the image grows but... "

Crikey!
My dual CPU PC would surely labour under the strain if it only had 5 Meg of
RAM.

Yes - I'm (we're) picking on you Doug - because you beg for it, with your
supercilious invective and downright dishonesty. Your libellous webpages
and your tiresome hollow threats.

All I ask is that you admit your mistakes (a few of which are mentioned
above) and apologise for being such a rude and ingracious old SOB.

Then - who knows?
We might share a friendly beer or two.
Heaven knows - I've stocked up a few slabs for a (ahem) similar sort of
occasion anyway...

Waiting, but breath not held...

--
Jeff R.