Old December 8th 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
Chris Malcolm[_2_]

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

In rec.photo.digital.zlr AndrewR wrote:
On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 02:32:06 -0800 (PST), wrote:

A clue for all the useless idiots, just like this one. Get your nose off of your
monitor with those pop-bottle-bottom nerd glasses of yours with +10 diopter
correction in them. View a 1024x768 display from a distance that provides a TRUE
30-40 degree FOV only. Don't be so ****ingly stupid. Do the math on a 17"
monitor with a width of 13+" on how far away you have to view it.

I hope it doesn't shock you too much to discover that some of us are
intelligent enough to have done that already. It's very simple school
trig which people who are used to it can do in their heads.

As for the moron that says 2.3' of arc are easily discerned by most humans,
there's another ****ingly useless troll revealing himself. I used to host
astronomer's events and would often ask the general public how many stars they
could see in Epsilon Lyrae. If lucky maybe 10% of them would raise their hands
on being able to see 2 stars there.

What ****ingly useless, inexperienced, misinformation-spewing, and amazingly
ignorant trolls.

You don't have much experience with discussing things, do you?

Let me just ask you one question. Think of those people in your life
who were educational beacons, people who knew much more than you
did. How many of those people were more foul mouthed than you are when
they came across someone who didn't know something that they did?

It's my own experience that people who swear a lot are either ignorant
or mentally ill. I just wondered if that was your experience too.

--
Chris Malcolm
DoD #205