Old December 6th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr,rec.photo.misc
Chris Savage

Default DSLR vs P&S a replay of Film vs Digital?

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.misc.]
On 2007-12-06, Chris Malcolm wrote:
In rec.photo.digital.zlr Scott W wrote:
On Dec 5, 12:51 am, Chris Malcolm wrote:

Why not? Konica Minolta's Dimage A2 had a 9.2MP EVF in 2004. If there
isn't already a higher resolution EVF than that in the marketplace it
shouldn't be long in coming.

You are off by a factor of 30.

First off Konica Minolta claimed 0.92, not 9.2 MP.

You're right. It seems to be the case that around 0.3MP is at the
moment a good EVF resolution. If the historical rates of progress in
the technology continue to apply, and I see no reason why they
shouldn't, we shouldn't have to wait more than a few to several years
for EVFs of around 3MP,

Err, if the trend is from nine hundred thousand, down to three hundred
thousand now it doesn't seem to be heading for three million to me.

which my guess is would be good enough for
at least most people.

Or maybe just passable for almost several people?

My guess is it isn't even on the marketroids' 'roadmaps' so technological
feasibility is neither here nor there.

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?