Old March 1st 08, 01:00 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
William Graham

Default [pics] Aus vs Canada baseball

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
"Pboud" wrote

Nice shots.. Since this was Canada against Australia, the better question
would be "How much beer did they bring?"

Ship beer _to_ Australia? Bit like pouring a teaspoon of water
into the Pacific.

Naaaa......Everybody likes whatever is imported from somewhere else, whether
it's better or not. We send California olives to Italy, where they squeeze
it into olive oil, and ship it back as "Imported Italian Olive Oil" - And,
it sells like hotcakes for twice the price of the domestic stuff. I think
you could make a good living just shipping the same thing back and forth
from one place to another and changing the labels......In fact, I'm sure
some people do just that......How about this: You buy a little island in the
middle of the ocean. There is nothing on the island but shipping docks, and
label factories. You make a living by unloading stuff, changing the labels
on it, and reloading it back on the same ships to return it to wherever it
started out, only now it is, "Imported", and therefore commands twice the
price......You can call your island, "doublemania"....:^)