Old August 13th 07, 09:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
ASAAR

Default Maximum tele length you can shoot handheld?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:19:09 GMT, D. Farmington wrote:

With no IS, no support, ~350mm (35mm equivalents)
With no IS, bracing on a steady object, ~350-750mm
With IS, no support, ~500mm up to 1-second shutter speed.
With IS, with support, 500mm

I doubt you will find that being anywhere near the norm for the vast majority of
people that hold a long-FL-lens equipped camera.

I should put up a web-page on the art and techniques that I invented over the
years of successful handheld photography. By using my own methods I found
that I can do tack-sharp handheld shots, no support, with an IS equipped
camera, a 432mm (eq.) focal-length lens, at full 1 second exposures.

Impressive, and of course you could only do it using a P&S, as
you've never managed to take a picture you liked using a DSLR.

But then if you all could do what I can do I'd have too much competition
in the variety and quality of photos I can get. It's bad enough that the last
person under my guidance started getting a few rare shots nicer than my
own, resulting in an inner conflict of pride and envy for them.

No need to protect the guilty. We know by now that you can only
be speaking of Baumbadier, the cur. And to think, despite winning
all of those photo awards that you've found so elusive, he has never
given you any credit. You and your compatriots shouldn't stand for
this. You should turn on your abuser, but of course you won't since
everyone knows that sock puppets lack spines. And now the latest :

**** CHDK / Photoline 32 / anti-DSLR Sock Puppet Troll List ****

Baumbadier, BigBrother, Brad M, Bucky, CharleiD, CoolGuy,
Craig Stevens, D. Farmington, Dartagnon, DaveB, DOCJohnson,
D-Rexter, Danny V., EdBancroft, ,
Fed-Up-With-Corel, FixItMan, FrankLM, Gaile S., GilfordBrimly,
GnomeAlaska, GoKiting, Henry Hank, HokusPokus, IdiotDetector,
ImpressMe, JoeBS, Lurk, John Kaiber, M. Goode, NameHere,
NameThere, New2_S3,
, OTPolice, Rob Akins,
RockyZ, SayWhat, SelfImporantName, SelfImportantName, Siskel,
Soujourner, spamless, TryinToHelp, Wayne J.L., WillyWonka
and X-Man.