Old December 16th 12, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bowser

Default [SI] Date change for "Street Photography" : now January 6th, 2013.

Apologies, but I'll be very out of pocket during Christmas week,
without any on-line access. I need to delay the current mandate for a
week. I hope this doesn't have any negative effects on your shooting
schedules.

More into:

======================================

Time to stretch our skills and hit the streets! The new mandate,
"Street Photography," can provide big challenges, but the results can
be well worth it. If you aren't clear on what constitutes Street
Photography, well, visit this site for starters:

http://www.street-photographers.com/

Some good advice here, as well:

http://photo.net/learn/street/intro

Please not the following rules for this mandate:

No excessive post processing: what this means is that street shooting
is supposed to reflect reality, so excessive processing, like adding
or removing elements, using Photoshop filters to excess (adding grain
is OK, solarizing is not), and adding effects like starbursts are not
acceptable. Adjusting for exposure, color contrast, B&W conversions,
and adding grain to simulate old-style street shots is OK. I believe
there's enough lattitute in this mandate to offer sufficient
opportunities without having to resort to "painting" an image. This
mandate is designed to test your photographic skills, not your
Photoshop skills.

Due: December 30th, 2012
Start Date: November 22nd, 2012

The gallery is he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/street_photography

For additional information, please visit the rulz page:

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

To submit photos, please send them he

shootinphotos aht gmail daht com

Now get out there and start shooting. And let's be careful out there.
Garry Winogrand's ghost is watching.