Old March 20th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Default Photographing Ultraluminous LED-lit Art Projects

On Mar 19, 11:39 pm, Pooua wrote:
http://web.mit.edu/neltnerb/www/artw...x.htmlfeatures artwork
illuminated by super-bright LEDs, but the photos do not accurately
reflect the colors of the lighting. The artist says that his camera
has trouble picking up the purple lighting, instead showing it washed
out, apparently because it is outside the normal color space of the
imaging sensor. Does that sound likely? What might a photographer do
to take better photos of these tricky lighting situations?

Here is yet another problem. We frequently do not perceive with our
eyes the true color of LED or laser light sources if we view them
directly. Some of the cones can saturate, really throwing off our
eyeball calibration.