Old May 8th 07, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bobdddds

Default Selecting Photos for Slideshow

On May 3, 5:18 am, One4All wrote:
I want to produce DVDs of photos that I & others have taken of my
family over a long period of time. I have no children, so these DVDs
are for families of brothers & sisters and for long time friends,
including my ex-wife. The problem is not knowing which photos will
interest these people.

Of course, they all interest *me*. It's almost impossible to separate
photos for each interest group. That is, tailoring aDVDfor each
group. However, there may be some photos to omit, such as friends of
mine during high school and college days. I've edited these photos to
avoid repetition, but even the included may lack interest. They are
good, well-composed photos, so I've justified in my mind that they may
be of interest for photographic reasons, alone. In other words, it's
as much about my photography over the years as it is about my family &
friends. At least, that's what I tell myself.

I include a title clip at the beginning, briefly explaining this, &
that with aDVDremote, viewers can skip whatever images fail to
interest them. I just decided to include the whole damn thing. I'd
appreciate hearing from anyone who's faced the same dilemma and how
they solved it. Well, as far as that goes, I'd appreciate hearing from
anyone. I'm early in the process, so I can go back & change anything
easily.

I just need help in defining my goal. I have a goal, but question it.

You can use Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder which is very powerful
and very popular now, many friends and I like it very much. It's very
easy to create a customized DVD slideshow with photos and videos, and
to add music, transitions, and cool pan/zoom effects and make
beautiful DVD menus. Also, you can create .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .3gp
movies from videos in other formats for our iPod, Zune and 3GP Cell
Phones, Youtube .etc.

To be important, it has great photo and video editing function that
can meet all our needs. For example, you can perfect your photos with
attractive frames, special mask effects, and rich Cliparts, Wordarts
or Text. And it is easy to crop music to sync with slideshow. You can
use the video edit function to trim the video, add the caption and
frame to the video, and change the original audio with your favorite
music, etc.

You can download it free here
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slid...lder.php?sid=8
And a specific tutorial is here
http://www.photo2vcd.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1452
Some useful information such as tips to make slideshow awesome is
he
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/other/po...ld-memory.html

If you have a legal version of windows XP, you can get a free program,
Microsoft Photo Story 3 for Windows XP. It can do some basic
functions. It can let you do everything windows movie maker does but
with photos.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx

Hope this helps!