Old April 7th 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.technique.nature
\(The real\) Douglas[_36_]

Default Photographing birds in flight

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote in message
: On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:23:11 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Paul Furman
: wrote:
:
: Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:
:
: ( http://posted-online.com/ArizonaBirds/pix/14.jpg - 100K ). Notice
: the blue hues around the green leaves. There was no blue in the
: original picture. Sigh.
:
: Nice shots but I don't know why a jpeg would produce those blues... that
: doesn't sound right?
:
: I've seen something similar , even in raw files from a D70 processed by
: RSE. Probably a bit of bloomimg/CA?
: --
: Ed Ruf )
: http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...ral/index.html

I can get that effect with 5D if I use a cheap, long lens wide open and the
foliage is backlit.I always thought it was Chromatic Aberration. Just out of
focus like the rest of the area.