Old January 14th 18, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Paul[_10_]

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

Eco Clean wrote:
- Eco Clean wrote:

And why is the size completely wrong?

Here is a photo of what the paper looks like next to the sign blank.
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...a35c4149 1ce3

What did I do wrong in following your exact steps?

These projects always seem to take forever.

1) Open LibreOffice Calc.
2) Drop JPG onto spreadsheet.
3) Print

It takes as many pages to print, as the JPG covers up.

The more you scale the pixel count on your JPG, before
you drop it into Calc, the more magnification that results,
the more sheets that are used.

In the example here, you can see my final PDF, and overlaid
in the right pane, is the original "newt warning" sign.

https://s13.postimg.org/9pvx1cbif/newts_in_my_shoes.gif

The original photo is from here. I think the text above
the picture says "what kind of dipping sauce goes good with these?"
At least, that's how I analyze the animal kingdom - are you
sweet and sour, or what ?

http://okinawanaturephotography.com/...1/IMG_1237.jpg

We used to have Salamanders in our city park. A ton of them.
You could turn over a rock and find a couple underneath.
Well, the changing environment got rid of all of them. A hurricane
ripped the park to shreds. The dry conditions when there was
no longer tree cover, eliminated any remaining Salamanders.
And Salamanders only really liked that park. You'd have to go out
into the woods somewhere, to find comparable conditions. The
park had just the right glacial deposits (rough strewn boulders)
plus rich forest tree cover to make a Salamander habitat. At
least I got to see them, before they were gone.

You didn't drive over those, because they were smart enough
to stay in the park.

Paul