Old November 6th 17, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Watts

Default Geotagging app

On 06/11/17 13:35, Joe Makowiec wrote:
On 03 Nov 2017 in rec.photo.digital, Alfred Molon wrote:

Caan anybody recommend an Android app which records position and
altitude, and later you can add that data to the exif of JPEGs and
RAWs?

I'm using O.I.Share for the E-M1 II but it doesn't record the
altitude.

GPS Essentials:

http://www.gpsessentials.com/

I still haven't figured out everything it does - which is a lot - but it
will record a track (with altitudes) which you can export as a .gpx file.
You can also save waypoints. I use it with GeoSetter (Win only) to geotag
images.

http://www.geosetter.de/en

In spite of what it looks like, geosetter is still in development. Get
the beta, as it has some recent developments which make it more useful:

www.geosetter.de/geosetter_beta.exe

Thank you - I'll be trying those out