Old May 17th 17, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]

Default Monitor settings

nospam wrote:

In article , sid
wrote:

Yes, if all you do is show family and vacation images. If you want
others to appreciate your images, then calibration is a must.
Otherwise there will be color shifts, and the other viewers will not
see your images as you would like them to be seen.

Clearly not so, as demonstrated already by nospams inability to
determine any difference in images presented.

nospam (and any one else) cannot see color differences when they only
see the end result. They have to have a starting point in order to
determine a color *difference* in the end result.

You're only helping to prove my point here. What should one do, make sure
sure there is a colour chart included in all images so you can satisfy
yourself that the colours are accurate?

that's one possibility, but not a very good one.

a much easier one is calibrate your display.

But you can't tell the difference in my images which were processed on a
calibrated display and which weren't. So what was the point again?

--
sid