Old November 19th 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Timelapse of table

On 2011-11-19 04:39:10 -0800, Peter Irwin said:

Sandman wrote:
So I want to make a timelapse movie of me drawing, and I will be
drawing on paper on a table. I have a DSLR and I was wondering if you
knew about a good way to mount it above the paper?

I have two tripods and putting them on the table may be a bit
cumbersome but it's possible, but I don't seem to be able to zoom
out/move the camera far up enough without seeing the tripod in frame.
Not a huge problem per se, but I would prefer a mounting solution that
works without seeing it of course.

Any ideas?

Do either of your tripods have a reversible column? It is
a somewhat under-advertised feature of many tripods.

Sometimes mounting the camera on a reversed column below
the apex of the tripod can help. Leg shadows can still be
a big problem though.

Peter.

Yup!
My Manfrotto allows me to mount the camera so that I can avoid a
shadow. In this case the target area is on the floor, but I am sure I
could make it work over a desk drawing surface.
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/IMG_0378w.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/lco/filechute/IMG_0379w.jpg

That was a very nifty setup. My Manfrotto doesn't allow for that,
unfortunately:

http://sandman.net/files/manfrotto.jpg

The small silver latches on the legs make them bend outwards more, but
I don't think that would help me...

Maybe I need to get myself one of those that you have...

--
Sandman[.net]