Old August 12th 17, 07:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Last Night

On 08/12/2017 01:43 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/12/2017 11:13 AM, Ken Hart wrote:
On 08/11/2017 09:27 PM, PeterN wrote:
Yesterday the Sun was setting in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjzdozjtkczgeo7/20170810_skyline%20sunset_4129.jpg?dl=0

Very nice. Good composition. I like it.

There are two nits that I could pick:
1. The shadow areas seem to be a bit green. Maybe add just a bit of
magenta to the shadows?

Thanks for your comment.
I played with the shadow area green for quite a while. I probably could
do that with a luminescence selection, but I am not certain it is worth
the effort. I just thought of an easy way.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5ne8jw8o9ccg7w/20170810_skyline%20sunset_4129%20mono.jpg?dl=0

That's cheating! It is, however, an equally good, but much different
photograph.

In GIMP, I can easily vary the color of either highlights, midtones, or
shadows. I have yet to find the way to vary the color of all densities
simultaneously. I mention this only because everyone knows that Linux
software, including GIMP is completely useless. According to the
resident "expert" on all things.

2. There is a crane on a building in the background far right that I
find annoying on third or fourth glance. You're a lawyer- couldn't you
have filed a writ to remove that crane before you took the photo?!

The crane is well protected. It is the official NYC bird.

I thought the official NYC bird was Bill de Blasio.

--
Ken Hart