Old August 13th 07, 01:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
tomm42

Default Maximum tele length you can shoot handheld?

On Aug 13, 1:25 am, RPS wrote:
What is the maximum telephoto length you would be comfortable shooting
handheld, with IS as well as steadying your arm with elbow on a railing
etc, but no tripod? Thanks.

Depends on you, your technique and your steadyness. I find it easier
to hand hold with a heavier cameras and one I can get my left hand
under the lens. Have a bad time with my Nikon 995 at 150mm, but can
easily hold a 70-210 at 210 on my D200. This also depends on the
weight of the lens, ie the 300 f4 Nikor is considered a handholdable
lens, the 300 f2.8, a much heavier lens is generally put on a tripod.
Hand holdability varies a lot from person to person.

Tom