Old September 13th 15, 10:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
D.M. Procida

Default Viewing photos on a map

RJH wrote:

This seems to be missing from the newer Photos app. I've looked in the
help section, which apart from being inexplicably slow to use, shows
screenshots from a seemingly different application, and seems to suggest
it's not there. I can search by location, but there's no way to get this
map overview, which I found useful.

I don't think you can.

If you:

* hit Command-1 (View Photos), so the Toolbar now says "Moments" (eh?)
* select the title of a "Moment" from the list

you'll get a map - but it will only show the phots from that "Moment"
(what a stupid name for it)

Also, as you say, all the screenshots on the website/in the help seem to
show a toolbar that doesn't exist in the actual Photos application. The
Help says: "Click Photos in the toolbar" - but the "Photos | Shared |
Albums | Projects" it shows is not there in my toolbar.

I am on Version 1.0.1 (215.65.0 by the way.

Daniele