Old December 21st 08, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.point+shoot,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ron Hunter

Default 2 questions about digital cameras

SMS wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:

The bottom line is still the availability of AA batteries. Yesterday,
my wife's camera showed symptoms of low battery (it turned out to have
gotten wet), and since we had taken about all the pictures we wanted, I
did nothing about it, but I COULD have just driven 2 blocks and bought
AA alkaline batteries. With lithium ion batteries, this would not have
been an option.

The camera with Li-Ion batteries would have been far, far less likely to
have shown symptoms of low battery, real or imagined. That's the real
bottom line.

You may not have noticed, but ALL batteries run down at some point, and
lithium ion batteries are much like NiMH in that they have a pretty
sudden drop off of the power curve. It is always nice to have option.