Old August 21st 13, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
sid[_2_]

Default Nora

Sandman wrote:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

No wait, that would be YOU!

Ironic.

Why are you saying conversations personalities and characters can't be
present across threads.

I can't decode the above sentence to a coherent question.

That's not really a surprise considering the current and previous threads
involving you and the question of the English language.

I rarely, if ever, make spelling or grammar flames. I don't care much
about it.

Neither do I, I only comment on others that comment on mine or decide
that because I type teh rather than the, I'm drunk.

Yeah, because "teh" is the only mistake you make, Dave

So what is yuor excuse for gramma and spelling mistakes drunkeness or
imcompedence. or are you not bright enough to tell.

My spelling mistakes are obvious oversights, my grammar mistakes are
lack of knowledge at points, or just brain farts in other cases.

I make plenty of those errors myself, so there would be no point of
me trying to sit on high horses pointing out errors

The mind boggles! If you can't see that that is exactly what you're doing
there is exactly no hope at all.

of other out of
the blue, like you do.

you're the one calling me drunk

Yeah? Better than stupid, is it not? I mean, being unable to write
coherently due to something external must be better than due to
something internal?

Do you have some other explanation?

I just attempt to show and correct your mistakes

While making some new ones yourself in the process

And when you did, and while the same time failing simple grammar in
your own grammar flame (now confirmed by you, but naturally snipped in
this followup), then I call out the irony.

it wasn;t me that started the grammar flames.,

Of course it was.

but it was you that doesn't seem to understand why things are
sometimes written the way they are.

Such as?

What I didn't anticipate was the onslaught of people ready to make a
song and dance about your grammar being intentionally incorrect and me
"just not getting it".

because it went straight over your head, that isn't our fault.

Is that why you confirmed in your post that you had mistakenly mixed the
tense, and I was correct from the beginning? Yeah, that must be it.

You're off your ****ing rocker with the desire to prove yourself correct
aren't you. Dave hasn't confirmed you were right he was trying to show the
sort of thing he was doing in his original post was actually intentional and
not some unintentional bad grammar as you are trying to imply. Morcame and
Wise were just one example he was trying to help you understand with.

They have fallen strangely silent now that you have confirmed that
the grammar in your initial grammar flame was incorrectly used,
even for the reference you made.

The only reasons people may have fallen silent is 'cus you've killfiled 'em
or they're so fed up with you being an obstinate prick that they just can't
be bothered to reply any more

I think you're starting to imagine things.

That's the liquor talking

You;'re ther one that got it wrong, you were teh one that posted a so
called phrase that I used and I did not use it.

Uh, I have been quoting you verbatim the whole time. This is your first
post in this thread:

Whisky-dave

Nice pics pity you don't speak proper english like what me
and the queen do

And then you tried to explain the reference, and you wrote this:

Whisky-dave

And I think it was ericM that used a phrase such as I speak
the queens english like wot she does.

I wonder if you will be able to spot the difference. I mean, I've only
pointed it out some thirty times now

There is no difference, why won't you listen. Neither of the phrases used
are set in stone things, they are a "turn of phrase" that carries an implied
meaning, i.e. a joke. It would not matter, to an English speaker, what tense
was used or who was referred to. The joke is using bad grammar to falsely
imply one speaks correctly.

Yeah, that's some song and dance, Drunk Dave! All I did was post
pictures of a train.

If you are persistently rude to people in public then the same thing is
going to happen to you, a man of your intellect must surely realise this?

Pictures of a train, sorry I don't remmeber those pictures.

I know, you got busy quickly with grammar flames instead.

You've set yourself up for that though haven't you.

--
sid