Old July 18th 12, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default New Mandate! "On the road"

On 2012-07-18 08:22:43 -0700, PeterN said:

On 7/17/2012 9:02 PM, Robert Coe wrote:

Note that we're gibbering like this because nobody seems to want to
comment on
this month's (rather good) crop of Shoot-In pictures. Full
disclosu I won't
either, probably. Martha and I are off on Thursday to spend the
weekend with
our daughter and see their new house and dog. ("On the road", ya know.)

Yes! I agree that this crop is generally pretty good.

But, I do disagree, I thought Walker was a Hall of Fame football
player, and runner a type of high speed boat used for smuggling booze
during prohibition.

Chuck Norris would claim that Walker was a "Texas Ranger", others might
think horse, or astronaut. Others might think of Walker as being
contained in a bottle with a red, blue, black, or gold label.

The boat would be a "rum runner".

But rum wasn't the only booze it carried.

True, but "Canadian Whiskey Runner" just didn't trip off the tongue.

Savageduck