Old September 1st 04, 04:08 PM
ink

"Bruce Murphy" wrote
Roger writes:

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the Nikkor 45mm f2.8
AI-P lens. I'm interested because of a few reports that I've seen
indicating that it is an excellent lens with good treatment of the out
of focus areas. However, in those reports the performance over a wide
range of apertures was really not discussed. More information would be
greatly appreciated.

I found it a lovely lens. Doesn't Bjorn have a review of it up?

B.

I can second that. I've been using it mainly on an FM2n, for its
compactness. As an AI-P it works nicely on the F100 and the D70.
Focussing is easy with the precise focus ring. Performance wide
open is impeccable. Mechanically it's perfect, feels solid and
still light.

It does look incredibly silly on the F100, though ;-)

I haven't regretted getting it, it's become my favorite standard lens.

Cheers,
ink