Old June 24th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

Default Battery Question - Camera for Teenager

Ron Hunter wrote:
[]
Both my cameras have AA batteries, and I wouldn't change that. I
have a GPS with Lithium-ion battery, and I am always concerned about
charging it. I like the long 'run time', but having to worry about
charging the thing all the time on a trip is a bit of a pain.

Ron,

Both my cameras have Li-ion batteries and I wouldn't change that. I have
two spare Li-ion batteries for the DSLR, but I don't think I've ever
needed more than about 1.2 batteries (i.e. I needed to change once). For
the compact camera I have just a single space Li-ion cell. My practice is
to charge all cells each night I am away. I have a GPS with 2 x AA cells,
but these last about 18 hours, so on a day trip I don't take spares. On a
weekend or longer trip I take four spare AA cells and a 1-hour charger!

Yes, I do wish the Li-ion batteries were restricted to a standard range of
sizes like non-rechargeables.

Cheers,
David