Old June 21st 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default DAVID J LITTLEBOY

Blinky the Shark wrote:

John Turco wrote:

edited for brevity

You and your fellow "proper Bostonians" can celebrate the Celtics'
17th NBA championship, after Tuesday night's (6-17-08) annihilation
of the Los Angeles Lakers, 131-92.

Angelino and Laker fan here. I gave up after the Lakers barely won Game 5
at home, and hadn't stumbled upon the score of the last game until your
post. Holy cow. That's ugly. That's not to say that the game where we
had the biggest Finals lead ever and lost was pretty.

Hello, Blinky:

You should read Game 6's box score, if you want a genuine scare; LA
finished with TWO offensive rebounds NO blocked shots!

That's a somewhat disgraceful performance, when a team is facing
playoff elimination...is it not? The Celtics owned the lane, at
both ends of the court, all night.

Go Dodgers!

Hold on, there! Over the decades, the Dodgers have been even bigger
chokers, than the Lakers:

Minneapolis/Los Angeles Lakers, all-time NBA Finals record:

14-15 (.482) (5-1, in MN; 9-14, in CA)

----

Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers, all-time World Series record:

6-12 (.333) (1-8, in NY; 5-4, in CA)

Conversely, the Boston Celtics are 17-3, in the league championship
series (and 9-3, vs the Lakers, themselves). This is a winning
percentage (.850), which even those vaunted New York Yankees can't
match (NY's WS mark: 26-13, .666).

Whoa! 666, for the Yanks? My, what an appropriate number that is,
for such an Evil Empire, eh? ;-)

By the way, the Montreal Canadiens are 23-10 (.696), in the Stanley
Cup Finals. The Green Bay Packers are 9-2 (.818), in NFL title games
(including 2-1, in the Super Bowl.)

Parts of the above info, are from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org:

Los Angeles Lakers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Lakers

Los Angeles Dodgers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Dodgers