Old July 9th 04, 02:38 AM
Tom Scales

Default Best Nikkor lens D100?

If you want a 24-28 to 70-135 'equivalent' (which is what I suspect you
really want), you want the new 18-70 that comes with the D70. I bought mine
with my D70 and use it on my D70 and D100.

I love it. I also have the 24-85 and the 28-200 and the 12-24.

The 18-70 is my 'walkaround lens'. When I can only carry the camera and one
lens, it is the 18-70.

Tom
"Jim Ables" wrote in message
I have checked Google but am still uncertain.

What is the latest opinion, supported by tests in a magazine or other,
as to the best all-around walk around Nikkor zoom lens for the D100?

I am thinking in the general range of 24-28 zooming out to 70-135.

Cost effectiveness is a concern, although I am not looking for a
cheapie.

Thanks for your reply.

Jim