Old June 18th 04, 02:52 AM
Bob

Default zoom lens Nikkor vs. Sigma vs. Tamron??

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 06:58:14 GMT, "W Chan" wrote:

hi, i am a new owner of nikon d-70 (body only).. and hv owned my f401 for
yrs.
i am shopping for zoom lenses... and wud like to hear about people's
comments on these 3 brands.. Nikkor, Sigma, and Tamron... thks/will

You should have got the original 'boxed' lens, it's quite good, and has a good
wide range considering the 1.5 crop factor. It can also focus quite close, about
1 foot I think.

I also use the Nikor 70-300 f4 cheap lens, it's not bad.

And I have the Sigma 28-300 f3.5 that I use as a general purpose snapshot lens,
it does a good job, but only focus at about 4 feet.