Old May 5th 20, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott Schuckert

Default adorama flogging facemasks

In article ,
RichA wrote:

https://www.adorama.com/gxrsakn95.ht...ce=rflaid67085

Beware ANYTHING made in China. Canada's recent shipment found 60% defective/unfit.

I don't disagree, but IMHO it's not always (even usually) the Chinese
"fault". I have bit of knowledge about having product manufactured in
China.

If you ask an American factory to cut the wholesale on something by $5,
it generally means you're asking them to accept $5 less profit. Ash the
same question in China, and the assumption is to find a way to
manufacture it for less.

My friend was having parrot cages made for USA sale. First batch was
fine. "Great, now can you do it for $30 less?"

Next batch had cheaper latches, and only one coat of paint. The factory
rep was confused; to him, they'd done exactly as asked.

They'll happily make you a $5 face mask or a 50¢ face mask. Just don't
expect them to be the same.