Old January 7th 20, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Yes, we know they still dominate professional photography, no question. But
Canon's recent release of a $6000, 2kg pro model is probably going to be the
last of that type. Nikon is releasing the D780 which is a replacement for
the D750 which was a poor man's replacement for the truly Pro D700. Either
one of these could be seen as the last of their class, in my opinion. Canon
needs to up its mirrorless game as does Nikon to finally nail the DSLR coffin
shut.

thereby killing all the pros.