Old March 7th 19, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Guy is right; families won't be flipping through photo albumsdecades from now

On 3/6/19 8:20 PM, RichA wrote:
https://petapixel.com/2019/03/04/the...cos-photo-lab/

(Minor correction: the author of the article is female, so the subject
should be "Gal is right...")

The article misses the point that Costco is not the only option for
printing digital images, so Costco photolab closing probably should not
be considered a harbinger of doom.

But I agree with the point that printed photos can be more easily
maintained and enjoyed by the unwashed masses. ("Backup? what's a
backup?" "Stored in the 'cloud'? So if I want to see them, I can just
look up in the sky?")

My mother was the family 'snap-shooter'. She usually had double prints
made from her film. One print went in an album of the event, the other
prints were handed out to family and friends. Her years of negatives
filled a couple shoe boxes, and her albums filled a bookshelf. Those
photos, some 50+ years old, are still easily viewable and in reasonable
condition.

--
Ken Hart