Old January 26th 19, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Photographing tombstones.

On 2019-01-26 10:18, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 26/01/2019 00.57, Peter Jason wrote:
Sometimes, on a sunny day, I like to visit
cemeteries to photograph tombstones.

However, the text on most old headstones is hard
to read.

Is there some PShop trick to enhance the writing &
engravings?

If you want legibility, I would try adjusting the curve (however
photoshop calls that), trying to enhance a portion of the "greys".
Hopefully the letters are just a bit darker, so the idea is to increase
the contrast between the letters and the surrounding area.

Better to simply photograph it in the first place to enhance the
contrast (without going overboard).

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."