Old May 27th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Sony's new A7s (12mp FF) why do you need a separate "recorder"to record HD and 4K video?

On 2014.05.26, 20:13 , Me wrote:
On 27/05/2014 11:38 a.m., RichA wrote:
I don't get it, how can the camera not record the images it is taking??

http://web.forret.com/tools/video_fp...gb444&depth=12

Bring it down a notch to 4:2:2 (per the dpreview article).

"The camera can read out its entire sensor fast enough to output 8-bit
4:2:2 4K video over HDMI at up to 30p, without the need for line
skipping or pixel binning."

Still - a lot of bandwidth - about 800 MB/s.

--
I was born a 1%er - I'm just more equal than the rest.