Old April 17th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

Default Suitable tripod for Pentax 6x7

On Apr 15, 11:52 am, "Christopher Tidy"
wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm thinking of moving into medium format photography when money
allows. Currently I shoot 35 mm with a Nikkormat FT3, which I love,
but there are times when I would like better resolution for my best
pictures.

I use a Manfrotto 190B tripod with the 168 ball head. Do people think
this tripod is sturdy enough to carry a Pentax 6x7? The reason I ask
is because I recently acquired a job lot of surveyor's tripods. They
are heavy and would require the addition of some kind of ball joint to
make them suitable for photography, but they're the sturdiest tripods
I've ever seen.

I'm just wondering if it's worth me keeping one for the future. I plan
to sell the rest of them, so if anyone in England wants one for
photography, let me know. Right now I have plenty!

Best wishes,

Chris Tidy

The Surveyor's tripod that I use had a dirty great hole in the middle:
Used for aligning the transit
I had to cobble together some large washers to provide an anchor for
the ball head.

Best let your purchasers know this beforehand.

David