Old February 4th 04, 01:07 PM

Default Posing a glamour model

"This Guy Here" (put a "." between the "x" & the
"n") wrote in message ...
I got lots of advice on my fine art photography site at...

http://www.looknseephoto.com

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Warning: my site features fine art B&W photography. Take a look at
the FAQs -- there's lots of information there. And I typically
include a running commentary about the sitting itself on the pages
that display the photographs.

My bottom line is that if your model is posing, you've already lost
half the battle.

I haven't had chance to look at your site yet, but this can't always be
true. You simply have to pose a model to get the shots you want. If you just
tell them to do what they feel like, you will get the results that THEY
want, or worse still they will stand there and say "What should I do". Like
I said though, I haven't looked at your site yet (work might not be pleased)
so I'll understand better how you shoot later.

I like to engage the model in conversation. If I
want them to look thoughtful, I give them something to think about.
If I want them to smile, I say something sweet or funny.

And when all else fails, give the model something to do with their
hands.

Yep, the art of conversation This is what I find hardest about posing the
other half. She's already heard all my old jokes, I already know where she
went on holiday, what things she is into etc. I don''t think talking about
the bills or what to watch on telly will cut it