Old December 18th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
national treasure[_2_]

Default OT - Digital Binoculars

"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
We're looking to purchase a pair of digital binoculars for friends who
have
long-term SLR experience and reasonable skill and equipment but typically
use binoculars to view birds and some wildlife. Both positive and
negative
recommendations cheerfully accepted.
TIA
Norm

The Voyeur5000 got a very review in this months issue of 'Peeper' magazine.

(quote)

"Coming in at the mid-price range of this months test samples, the Voyeur500
proved to be an excellent all-round performer. Weighing just 486g the
multi-coated optics (a surprise at this price!) were clear and bright and
compared very favourably against the competition in our standard 'frosted
bathroom window test'.... ....Out tester had no difficulty in running from
the scene upon the arrival of a police patrol car, thanks to the
Voyeur5000's light weight and compact size.... ..... Highly Recommended"

(end quote)

I should add that there is a cashback coupon in this month's (December)
Peeper - so you could pick them up for £29.99 inc. delivery.

There will be some in my Christmas stocking, I hope